Sunday, November 28, 2010

*Walking Dead's* Andrew Lincoln Covers Current Issue of EW



Andrew Lincoln dresses up as his The Walking Dead character Rick Grimes for the cover of Entertainment Weekly’s latest issue!
Here’s what the 37-year-old British actor had to share about the hit AMC zombie series, which the mag hails as “the best new show on TV”:
On the gory scenes: “I remember thinking, ‘Please! This is not what I signed up for!’” (In one of the earlier episodes, Rick hacks up a corpse and smears the remains on him so he can escape a zombie by looking and smelling like one of them)
On how he landed the role: “[After auditioning] I got an e-mail outlining the project … It said The Walking Dead. Terrific title … and then it said ‘Zombie survival horror.’ I think I actually did a literal double take. I was like, ‘Really?!’ I was a bit reticent. It was only the next day, when they sent me this top secret script, that it really dawned on me what the show had a chance to do, and I got very excited.”
Creator Frank Darabont on casting Andrew, who starred in 2003’s Love Actually: “What’s weird for me now is that whenever I hear him talk with his English accent, I’m like, ‘Where’s Rick? Stop pretending you’re British!’”
 Love this show.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment