Friday, May 27, 2011

Rick Ross Talks 'Great Relationship' With Lil Wayne, Cash Money

Through the years, Rick Ross has developed a strong relationship with Cash Money and Lil Wayne. This year Ross toured with Wayne on the first leg of his I Am Still Music Tour, and he's already kicked around the idea of a joint album with Birdman and appeared on his fair share of songs with the YMCMB roster.

During this week's "RapFix Live," the Boss spoke to host Sway about his relationship with Wayne and his favorite memory from his I Am Still Music run. "The very first night the tour kicked off, just being backstage and me having a great relationship with Cash Money," he revealed. "So it's really like me being at home with my brothers when it comes to Birdman and Lil Wayne."

Rozay and Weezy currently appear together on DJ Khaled's brand-new "I'm On One," Ross' "9 Piece (Remix)" and, of course, Wayne's Tha Carter IV street single "John." For "John," Wayne found inspiration in "I'm Not a Star," the opening track from Ross' 2010 Teflon Don.

"When [Wayne] first came home [from jail] he was like, 'That '"I'm Not a Star," that's one of my favorite joints, let's do something in that vibe,' " Ross recalled. "I'm like, 'Easy.' He actually gave me the track and I was like, 'Wow, this is too easy.' "

With Tha Carter IV scheduled to drop on June 21 and the Colin Tilley-directed "John" clip in rotation and video outlets, Ross is excited for the future. "Sitting in the studio at the Hit factory in Miami, I remember him just playing joints off his album and us constantly going back to that joint and I was just like, 'It's gonna be a hot summer.' "

What's your favorite Ross and Weezy track? Tell us in the comments!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment